Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CHMSC holds Turnover Ceremony for College Presidency

By Roberto Sumilang and Vanessa Abigail Ledesma


Carlos Hilado Memorial State College welcomes Dr. Renato M. Sorolla as the newly elected College President during the Turnover Ceremony, at CHMSC – Talisay Multi-purpose Hall, July 9, 2012. Dr. Sorolla was the former Dean of the College Industrial Technology of Western Visayas College of Science and Technology (WVCST).
Dr. Benny A. Palma, the outgoing CHMSC President warmly relinquised the office after his 4 years of service. The program highlights the turning over of the College Maze, Banner, and Medal as well as the budget, projects, 371 faculty members, 169 staff and 11,069 students.
“Thanks for all the learning I’ve got after four years of my stay here at CHMSC. I will cherish it all my life, together with my family,” Dr. Palma shared in his speech.
Dr. Sorolla stated all his primary visions, plans, and programs for the College.

“Today, I am honored to be given this opportunity for stewardship of a good college. Dr. Palma has done a lot of effort. I know that my ability and inspiration in teaching, education and leadership management keep me fitted for this one of a kind duty.” Dr. Sorolla said.
“I am fully aware that the goal is to make CHMSC a center of excellence, a center of development. But I would like to remind you that I did not come here as a one man army. With your full cooperation and active participation, together, we can make CHMSC fit for its statutory functions," Dr. Sorolla added.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment